Monday 7 November 2011

Theme - Country Landscapes

Putting some thought into my theme, I've decided I want to focus on country landscapes. Even though I moved to Manchester five years ago from a small village outside Leeds, I've always been fascinated with the countryside. 

Over the weekend I bought a tripod as this is one of the key pieces of kit for landscape photography. This should help with long exposures and wide angle shots. Below are a few trial images with my new tripod (I was even adventurous and jumped into the stream to take a few snaps)





The image I have taken above is a prime example of an over exposed skyline. To help tackle this problem I'm going to experiment with filters over the coming weeks to see how different filters will effect certain shots, depending on lighting and composition. 

The last one is just for Dave...an Alpaca

 

No comments:

Post a Comment